Small Space Design
Small spaces can be the bane of any small home owner's life. But they can also be a blessing in design disguise. Awkward, small spaces are often a catalyst for change, forcing you to a) clear the clutter and b) come up with clever design ideas you may never have thought of otherwise. From small living rooms to small bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens and kids' rooms, get inspired by these top tips and design ideas for tiny, small spaces.
7 Genius Ways to Design a Small Space
With a little ingenuity, your tight corners and tiny rooms can be totally functional
Instant Coffee Bar
Elevate your morning toast-and-tea ritual with a window seat. Breakfast bar can serve as a coffee bar too.
Tucked Away Guest Room
What do you do with a odd small room? Install a daybed that doubles as guest sleeping space and a reading nook.
Clever Work Space
Why yes, you do have a home office. It's right here in this flat working surface with stool.
If you only have room for the teeniest couch, this elegant, lady-like settee makes it look like you wouldn't have had it any other way.
- 21 Design Ideas for Small Spaces – This is a House Beautiful article that gives ideas for decorating small spaces. Examples of decorating ideas include best paint colors, styling tricks for small living rooms, and creating multi-purposes spaces in a studio apartment.
- Choosing furniture for small spaces – Don't worry: You're not stuck with dollhouse furniture simply because you have small rooms. When choosing furniture for small spaces, just pick pieces that work harder and look smarter, following these tricks.
- Decorating Your College Dorm Room – Clicking on this link will give you 26 Cheap And Easy Ways To Have The Best Dorm Room Ever.
- Color for Small Spaces – This is a Country Living article in slide-show format that features solutions for small spaces. Has a gallery of photos to get ideas.
- Smart Designs for Small Spaces – Experts reveal mistakes to avoid in small houses with design.
- Statement Pieces – This is an article is entitled "18 Ingenious Ideas for a studio Apratment" and it appears on the website for House Beautiful magazine. The link opens up to the page on statement pieces which discusses using larger furniture in different rooms.
- Tips on How to Make a Small Space look Bigger – This is an article that appears on the website for Remodelista website. Clicking on the link opens up a slide-show that gives storage and other ideas to help make small spaces seem larger. Ideas include hidden storage in furniture, the addition of mirrors and paint.